Pianists on tour
All contestants who do not advance to Round 2, and all contestants who do not advance from Round 2 to the Semi-final, will be given the opportunity to participate at a concert in Vestland County or in the city of Bergen, receiving a fee of 500 euro.*
One of the many goals of the International Edvard Grieg Piano Competition is to introduce our contestants to the Norwegian cultural life. By collaborating with six cultural institutions scattered throughout Vestland County, we are able to offer an opportunity to perform for a wide variety of audiences, in exciting locations. The contestants who do not advance to Round 2 will be given the opportunity to participate in a concert at a venue in Vestland County. The contestants who pass to Round 2, but not to the Semi-final, are offered to participate at the concert in the wonderful University Aula in Bergen city centre.
- The concerts in Hordaland County will take place on Tuesday 30 August with the participants who did not enter Round 2.
- The concert in the University Aula will take place on Wednesday 31 August with the participants who did not enter the Semi-final.
Vestland County is famous for its varied and wild nature, including fjords, glaciers, coast lines and mountain ranges. We are happy to present the following exciting concert locations for our contestants:
- Erdal Church in Askøy municipality.
- "Knarren" (concert scene at Knarvik Secondary School) in Alver municipality
- Oseana Art and Cultural Center in Bjørnafjorden municipality.
- Kabuso Art Center in Kvam municipality.
- Valestrand Cultural Church in Sveio municipality.
- The University Aula in Bergen municipality.
*The fee will be paid according to Norwegian tax regulations.