Read more about the prizes of the competition.
1st prize: 30.000 euro
2nd prize: 20.000 euro
3rd prize: 10.000 euro
• Best performance of Christian Blom's Butterfly may be given after the 2nd Round: 1.000 euro
• Best performance of a substantial work for piano solo by Edvard Grieg may be given after the Semi-final: 2.500 euro
• Audience prize after the Final: 1.000 euro
• Orchestra's prize after the Final: 1.000 euro
• Semi-finalist prize: 1.000 euro
• All competitors who do not advance to the 2nd round, Semi-final or Final round will be given the opportunity to play on a concert in Hordaland county or the city of Bergen, receiving a fee of 500 euro. The fee will be paid according to Norwegian tax regulations.
* The prizes will be paid according to Norwegian tax regulations.
1st prize also includes:
• An engagement as a festival artist at the Lofoten Piano Festival 2018
• An invitation to perform a piano concerto with the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra in the Stavanger Concert Hall 2017-2018
• An invitation to perform a chamber concert arranged by the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra 2017–2018
• A solo recital in the Oslo University Aula at the Oslo Grieg Festival June 2017
• An invitation to perform a chamber concert at the Lillenorge Festival in Berlin May 2017
• An engagement for a number of public concerts at Troldhaugen during the summer of 2017 as "Pianist of the Week" (minimum 25 minutes of Grieg)
• A CD recording on the label Naxos or Grand Piano (repertoire to be decided by mutual agreement between the winner and Naxos)
• Henle Urtext Prize: 500 Euro in sheet music from Henle Verlag, and a 200 Euro voucher for the digital Henle Library www.henle-library.com
• The AAF Award from the Alink-Argerich Foundation: Financial contribution (1500 Euro), international publicity, support and practical assistance for the realisation of a next step in the award winner’s career. The AAF Award will be awarded to one of the contestants who is not among the main prize winners of the competition.