Read more about the prizes of the 2018 competition.
1st prize: 30.000 euro
2nd prize: 20.000 euro
3rd prize: 10.000 euro
• Prize for best performance of Synne Skouen's commissioned piece performed in the 2nd Round may be given after the 2nd Round: 1.000 euro
• Prize for best performance of a complete opus originally written for solo piano by Edvard Grieg performed in the 2nd Round or in the Semi-final may be given after the Semi-final: 3.000 euro
• Audience prize after the Final: 1.000 euro
• Orchestra's prize after the Final: 1.000 euro
• Semi-finalist prize: 1.500 euro
• Competitors who do not advance to Round 2, and competitors who advance to Round 2, but do not advance to the Semi-final, will be given the opportunity to play on a concert in the Hordaland County or in the city of Bergen, receiving a fee of 500 euro. Read more about it here.
* All prizes and fees will be paid according to Norwegian tax regulations.
1st prize also includes:
• An engagement for a number of public concerts at Troldhaugen during the summer of 2019 as "Pianist of the Week" (minimum 25 minutes of Grieg)
• An invitation to perform a chamber concert at the Lillenorge Festival in Berlin May 2019
• More TBA
Engagements for finalists:
• Grieg Competition is a member of the Steinway Prize Winner Concerts Network, and one of the three finalists will play a Steinway Prizewinner Concert at the Musikfreunde Kiel, Germany, February 19th 2019. More concerts are under negotiation.
More prizes and engagements to be announced.
The foundation Stiftelsen Kristian Gerhard Jebsen is the main sponsor and the exclusive private contributor to the competition.